Welcome to the Grange Uniting Netball Club!
Winter and netball go hand in hand. This is our season to shine, make friends, keep fit and improve on our skills.
Thank you for choosing Grange Uniting Netball Club – we are honoured that you have chosen to join the Grange Netball Club family.
Winter Registrations are now closed.
Grange Uniting Netball Club encourages our membership to become involved within our community. We support campaigns such as Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising held over the Mothers Day Weekend and Umpire Appreciation Day.
Our Club encourages our members to be more than players. We encourage friendship community awareness and appreciation. During the season we like to bring our netball community together with a social night get together and something for the children such as a disco.
We thank you for your support with your child's team and hope you will join us in making Grange Uniting Netball Club a successful and fun netball club for our youth and stars of the future.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Sunday 30th Jan - Wednesday 9th Feb See link for full details
- Sunday 6th March - Meet the Team Day 4-6pm - Grange Lawn Tennis Club
- Wednesday 9th March 7pm-8.30pm - Coaches & Managers night. - Beach Street (Church Courts).
- Round 1 26th March 2022 Six Team Grades Play
- Round 2 2ndApril 2022 All grades play
- Round 3 9th April 2022
- Break 16th April 2022 Easter No Matches
- BYE 23rd April 2022 School holidays
- Round 4 30th April 2022
- Round 5 7th May 2022 SAUCNA Life Members Day
- Round 6 14th May 2022
- Round 7 21st May 2022
- Round 8 28th May 2022 Reconciliation Round
- Round 9 4th June 2022 Volunteers Day
- BYE 11th June 2022 Long weekend
- Round 10 18th June 2022
- Round 11 25th June 2022 Charity Day
- Round 12 2nd July 2022
- Round 13 9th July 2022
- BYE 16th July 2022 School Holidays
- Round 14 23th July 2022
- Round 15 30th July 2022 Umpire Appreciation Day
- Semi Final 6th August 2022
- Prelim Final 13th August 2022
- Grand Final 20th August 2022
Time: 12.00pm, 1.45 pm and 3.30pm or 5.30pm
- For Open and U17 teams - games are played at SAUCNA Association Courts located top of Anzac Highway Adelaide
- For U8's - U15's - games are played on a home and away schedule.
In all age groups there may be a combination of time slots throughout the season. Before the start of the season each team will receive a draw for the full season. Please note that there may be changes when re-grading occurs after Round 5.
All divisions have a 3 week finals series (top 4 teams in each division at the end of the minor round). All finals are played at the City Association Courts unless otherwise specified.
Age Groups: Winter 2022 are based on the player's year of birth as outlined below. Ages are taken at 31st Dec 2021.
- Under 8's - 2014, 2015
- Under 9's - 2013
- Under 11's - 2011, 2012
- Under 13's - 2009, 2010
- Under 15's - 2007, 2008
- Under 17's - 2005, 2006
- Opens - 2004 & prior.
- Team Selections will commence at the end of January/early February. These will be held at either Jetty St Courts Beach St courts or our new shared facilities at the Grange Lawn Tennis and Grange Netball Club courts
- To secure your playing position each player must be registered with fees paid in full.
- Further information including dates and times will be emailed out prior to Team Selections.
- Presentation Night is a special night where parents and players come together as an entire Club to celebrate the season. Here we acknowledge the many teams and players together with Volunteers.
- Presentation Events are scheduled a Saturday Lunch for Under 8, 9 & 11s and a Dinner for Under13, 15, 17 & Opens on 28th August 2022.
- Further information will be made available during the season including price for parents and children.
Other Important Information:
- Training is compulsory in winter. Click here for our preferred training night for each age group.
- There may be some negotiation however we hope to achieve each age group training within their allocated block for one hour. All team members will train with their own team.
- Winter Fees for 2022 season have been set at $235 per player.
- Full payment is required prior to 19th December 2021 to secure a playing position in the Winter 2022 Season, however, details will be available when the season is opened.
- If you are eligible to use a sports voucher next year you will give this option in the portal when registering and paying.
- Please choose the voucher option and your fees total will automatically reduce from $200 to $100.
- Sports Vouchers for 2022 are submitted by our treasurer when you enter the players medicare card number and reference.
Please ensure once you have registered that you also click on the Pay Your Fees tab to complete your payment by the due date. It is important to update any of your details including the players preferred positions email address etc in your family player portal. This will assist us when finalising team selections.
- Please note that full refunds may not always apply as an Administration Fee will be held.
- Admin Fees of 25% will be charged if cancellation occurs up to 48 prior to the commencement of team selections.
- Admin Fee of 50% will be charged after this time.
- Any refund will be at the discretion of the Committee.
Grange Uniting Netball is a volunteer Club. In order to keep Grange netball thriving it is important that we have parents and community members volunteer their time to help provide children with an affordable place to develop netball skills within their community. Often we are faced with the problem of having more children register than we have teams with coaches.
Please consider volunteering your time to be a coach for your team.
Our mission is to provide an environment where young netball players are guided and inspired to advance their skill level in a friendly inclusive social environment and reach their full potential both on and off the court.
No previous netball experience is necessary in order to serve as your teams coach; we will share our best practice drills with you and offer free trainings and clinics. We offer support to our coaches and respond quickly whenever you need support guidance or coaching tips. If you are a parent you will get to spend quality time with your child on the netball courts. This can be a great time to bond with your child.
Each team must have a Team Manager. Team Managers play a vital role in a team running efficiently. An organised Team Manager is important to ensure the team runs smoothly throughout the season.
We like to ensure we spread the love and get each parent involved in their child's match. Duties that need help each week are scoring timing. Don't worry this isn't a daunting task we will supply a document to help you manage if you haven't managed a team before.
Your success and your child's enjoyment is our priority. Jump over to our coaches and managers page for more information.
Stall details also to be provided.
To assist in driving community interaction and to help keep our fees low Grange is committed to having a stall. When your team is allocated to Court 1 on the Beach St courts we ask if two members of the team donate a food item to sell.
Some good ideas are:
12.30 game - cocktail sausages, pies or pasties...the choice is yours. We supply the pie warmer.
2.00pm game - something sweet for example cupcakes or cookies the choice is yours.
3.00pm game - any idea is a great idea the choice is yours.