Welcome to the Grange Uniting Netball Club!
Winter and netball go hand in hand. This is our season to shine, make friends, keep fit and improve on our skills.
Thank you for choosing Grange Uniting Netball Club – we are honoured that you have chosen to join the Grange Netball Club family.
Winter Registrations are have now closed for Winter 2020.
Grange Uniting Netball Club encourages our membership to become involved within our community. We support campaigns such as Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising held over the Mothers Day Weekend and Umpire Appreciation Day.
Our Club encourages our members to be more than players. We encourage friendship community awareness and appreciation. During the season we like to bring our netball community together with a social night get together and something for the children such as a disco.
We thank you for your support with your child’s team and hope you will join us in making Grange Uniting Netball Club a successful and fun netball club for our youth and stars of the future.
Important Dates to Remember:
- 28th March (Round 1 – 6 team grades only)
- 4th April (Round 2 – All teams play)
- 11th April – Easter Saturday – no matches
- 18th April – School Holiday BYE – no matches
- 25th April – Round 3 matches resume
- 2nd May – Round 4
- 9th May – Round 5
- 10th May – Mother’s Day – Regrading
- 16th May – Round 6
- 23rd May – Round 7
- 30th May – Round 8
- 6th June – Long Weekend – BYE – no matches
- 13th June – Round 9
- 20th June – Round 10
- 27th June – Round 11
- 30th June – SAUCNA AGM
- 4th July – Round 12
- 15th July – SAUCNA Junior Carnival
- 18th July – Round 13
- 25th July – Round 14
- 1st August – Round 15
- 8th August – Semi-Finals
- 15th August – Preliminary Finals
- 15th August – SAUCNA Association Awards Dinner
- 22nd August – Grand Finals
- 29th August – Grange United Netball Club Presentation Night
Time: 12.30pm, 2.00pm and 3.00pm
- For Open and U17 teams – games are played at SAUCNA Association Courts located top of Anzac Highway Adelaide
- For U8’s – U15’s – games are played on a home and away schedule.
In all age groups there may be a combination of time slots throughout the season. Before the start of the season each team will receive a draw for the full season. Please note that there may be changes when re-grading occurs after Round 5.
All divisions have a 3 week finals series (top 4 teams in each division at the end of the minor round). All finals are played at the City Association Courts unless otherwise specified.
Age Groups: Winter 2020 are based on the player’s year of birth as outlined below. Ages are taken at 31st Dec 2020.
- Under 8’s – 2012, 2013
- Under 9’s – 2011
- Under 11’s – 2009, 2010
- Under 13’s – 2007, 2008
- Under 15’s – 2005, 2006
- Under 17’s – 2003, 2004
- Opens – 2002 & prior.
- Team Selections will commence at the end of January/early February. These will be held at either Jetty St Courts Beach St courts or St Michael’s College courts
- To secure your playing position each player must be registered with fees paid in full.
- Further information including dates and times will be emailed out prior to Team Selections.
- Presentation Night is a special night where parents and players come together as an entire Club to celebrate the season. Here we acknowledge the many teams and players together with Volunteers.
- Presentation Night is scheduled for Saturday 29th August 2020.
- Further information will be made available during the season including price for parents and children.
Other Important Information:
- Training is compulsory in winter. Click here for our preferred training night for each age group.
- There may be some negotiation however we hope to achieve each age group training within their allocated block for one hour. All team members will train with their own team.
- Winter Fees for 2020 season have been set at $200 per player.
- Full payment is required prior to 8th December 2019 to secure a playing position in the Winter 2020 Season.
- If you are eligible to use a sports voucher next year you will given this option in the portal when registering and paying.
- Please choose the voucher option and your fees total will automatically reduce from $200 to $100.
- Sports Vouchers for 2020 must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and approved prior to team selections in January/February 2020.
- To check eligibility and to download the voucher Download Voucher Here
Please ensure once you have registered that you also click on Pay Your Fees tab to complete your payment by the due date. It is important to update any of your details including the players preferred positions email address etc in your family player portal. This will assist us when finalising team selections.
- Please note that full refunds may not always apply as an Administration Fee will be held.
- Admin Fees of 25% will be charged if cancellation occurs up to 48 prior to the commencement of team selections.
- Admin Fee of 50% will be charged after this time.
- Any refund will be at the discretion of the Committee.
Grange Uniting Netball is a volunteer Club. In order to keep Grange netball thriving it is important that we have parents and Community members volunteer their time to help provide children an affordable place to develop netball skills within their community. Often we are faced with the problem of having more children register than we have teams with coaches.
Please consider volunteering your time to be a coach for your team.
Our mission is to provide an environment where young netball players are guided and inspired to advance their skill level in a friendly inclusive social environment and reach their full potential both on and off the court.
No previous netball experience is necessary in order to serve as your teams coach; we will share our best practice drills with you and offer free trainings and clinics. We offer support to our coaches and respond quickly whenever you need support guidance or coaching tips. If you are a parent you will get to spend quality time with your child on the netball courts. This can be a great time to bond with your child.
Each team must have a Team Manager. Team Managers play a vital role in a team running efficiently. An organised Team Manager is important to ensure the team runs smoothly throughout the season.
We like to ensure we spread the love and get each parent involved in their child’s match. Duties that need help each week are scoring timing. Don’t worry this isn’t a daunting task we will supply a document to help you manage if you haven’t managed a team before.
Your success and your child’s enjoyment is our priority. Jump over to our coaches and managers page for more information (insert link).
To assist in driving community interaction and to help keep our fees low Grange is committed to having a stall. When your team is allocated to Court 1 on the Beach St courts we ask if two members of the team donate a food item to sell.
Some good ideas are:
12.30 game – cocktail sausages
pies or pasties…the choice is yours. We supply the pie warmer.
2.00pm game – something sweet for example cupcakes or cookies the choice is yours.
3.00pm game – any idea is a great idea the choice is yours.